- The first thing you will need is to have an active account. You dont have one yet, click here to go to a step by step process on how to open an account.
2. Once you have the account, go to the ETS website by clicking here, and sign in.
3. Once in, click on the blue button that reads “Register/Find Test Centers, Dates”.
4. Here, you must type the city where you will be taking the test.
You must be careful on the planning here, you may have to take the test either in your home country/city or in your host country/city. It will depend on the planning you have.
Also, you will find a range of 2 months where you can select the specific dates you are interested in.
You can shift towards future or past months by clicking on the arrows on the left and right. You will always be given a 2 month range to select.
The dates marked in green are the available dates.
Below you will find the available test centers for the date you have selected and by clicking on “Register” you can make your selection.
5. You will find an informative page where you will be reminded to have your documents up to date amongst other details.
Just go to the bottom and click on next.
6. Here we will start the registration process. It is one of five steps to do.
Here you must select which type of ID you will be taking to the test day.
Your ID MUST have your full name and a recent photo. Select which your option will be and enter the number od such option.
After filling the information, click “Next”.
7. Then we will need to confirm our information.
If there is something that needs to be modified, click on “Edit” and change the necessary information.
If all is good, then just click on Next.
8. They will ask is for some background information, mainly for their personal statistics. So they will ask us where we wish to study and more fun questions. Not all have to be answered, but make sure you answer the ones with an Asterisk as they are mandatory.
You could answer anything you’d like, as this won’t affect your score. However, if many of us do so, then the TOEFL target crowd could potentially suffer in the future.
Once all has been answered, click on Next.
9. Here we will be asked to enter the recipients of a free score report. The folks form ETS are kind enough to send the scores to up to 4 institutions for free, and all we have to do is introduce the institutions code which can be found on their websites on most cases.
If you wish to send your score to more than 4 institutions, it will cost you about US $20 per additional institution. These will be online score reports.
After we are done here, we click Next.
10. Once again, we will review that the information we have submitted is correct.
If all is ok, then we click on Next.
11. If you wish to prepare on your own or with a friend, then it would be wise to purchase one of the options below. If on the other hand, you are preparing with a tutor or institution, then you can skip this, as the they will have plenty of material.
Selecting one of these, will just add them to your cart. Once we are done, click Next.
12. Then you`ll get the chance to review your shopping cart. You`ll see any materials that you have added as well as the test for which you will register for.
Once it has been confirmed, you can go ahead and click Proceed to Checkout.
13. Finally, we continue to accept the Terms & Conditions before clicking “Pay Now” where we will be offered 3 ways to pay: Credit Card, Paypal or Voucher.
My recommendation is to eliminate the Voucher, as this method is super slow to confirm. I always recommend students to pay via Credit Card.
14. As usual, we must confirm all the information that we have provided.
Once everything is confirmed, click on “Buy”, this will take a few seconds to load, but once it`s done, you can download the receipt for your registration and you are done!
Additionally, if you’d like to cancel an item on your cart, just go to your cart and click on “Remove”.
That`s it. All is set. Make sure to study plenty before taking the test. I hope this helped clear the doubt you may have.